Episode 38: Making the World a Brighter Place with Mary England
Listen on your browser now:
Mary England is a self described merriment maker. Mary’s passion is to make other people happy and teach them how to love and accept themselves. After struggling with mental illness for twenty years and working in and studying the field of psychology for five, she decided to start the business Uncustomary to share her personal and professional experience with mental health in a way that translates into self-love and positivity. You can find her twirling in front of murals and leaving a literal trail of glitter in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Mary’s journey of becoming a self love advocate and how guerilla street art and performances played a huge part in her journey
- How important it is to get out of our routines
- Mary’s advice for anyone wanting to make their life more colourful, glittery and sparkly
- The importance of recognising your own humanity and showing you struggle too
- Mixing business with politics: if you have a privilege that can help you be on a soapbox or activate change
ABOUT MEG &
THAT HUMMINGBIRD LIFE
I’m Meg and I’m the host of Couragemakers and founder of That Hummingbird Life. I’m an INFJ creative and multipassionate who has a bit of a notebook and post-it note obsession, loves foot-stomping country music and likes her hot chocolate with way too much chocolate.
I started Couragemakers because I wanted to create a platform for passionate and unconventional women to have honest conversations and to share their stories, struggles and dreams. The intention behind this podcast is to inspire and encourage creative and mission-driven women to live a wholehearted life and follow the beat of their drum.