Episode 21: Creativity, Integrity & Pity Parties with Maria Gil Ulldemolins
Listen on your browser now:
Maria is a Spanish artist living and working in Brussels, Belgium. Maria’s creative practice is a very process-oriented and heavily influenced by her experiences with meditation. Broad themes explored include embracing mistakes, letting go, flow, compassion, control, variations and time.
Before committing to her painting practice, she worked in innovation. Maria is trained in Product Design, Art History and Art Theory.
- Maria’s story of studying in Swaziland at a young age and how this helped her find herself as a person and as an artist
- Debunking myths of easy six figure incomes online and how we’re all supposed to be grateful for any employment opportunities
- How Maria is inspired by making accidents happen and her advice on how to take a similar approach with your creativity
- How Maria doesn’t believe in faking it until you make it
- How we all need to stop hating ourselves for hating ourselves.
ABOUT MEG &
THAT HUMMINGBIRD LIFE
I’m Meg and I’m the host of Couragemakers and founder of That Hummingbird Life. I’m an INFJ creative and multipassionate who has a bit of a notebook and post-it note obsession, loves foot-stomping country music and likes her hot chocolate with way too much chocolate.
I started Couragemakers because I wanted to create a platform for passionate and unconventional women to have honest conversations and to share their stories, struggles and dreams. The intention behind this podcast is to inspire and encourage creative and mission-driven women to live a wholehearted life and follow the beat of their drum.