Episode 28: Making a Difference & Getting Vulnerable with Kate Evans
Listen on your browser now:
Kate is an overly excitable creative introvert with a peanut butter problem. She’s passionate about empowering people to live their best lives – whether that’s her friends, readers of her personal blog, or the adults with learning disabilities that she works with. Making things and writing keep Kate sane, and she can usually be found in front of a laptop or with yarn wrapped around her fingers.
- Kate’s journey from being an activist,burning out and finding work that serves her as well as other people
- How Kate has found a way of making blogging work for her, and to help with self care
- Identifying what is and what isn’t important to you, and stop listening to what you think should be important to you
- Kate’s advice on what to do when you want to be more open and honest with those around you about your mental health
- The importance of balance – between a job that makes you feel like you’re contributing something positive to the world, but also having time to switch off to avoid burn out.
ABOUT MEG &
THAT HUMMINGBIRD LIFE
I’m Meg and I’m the host of Couragemakers and founder of That Hummingbird Life. I’m an INFJ creative and multipassionate who has a bit of a notebook and post-it note obsession, loves foot-stomping country music and likes her hot chocolate with way too much chocolate.
I started Couragemakers because I wanted to create a platform for passionate and unconventional women to have honest conversations and to share their stories, struggles and dreams. The intention behind this podcast is to inspire and encourage creative and mission-driven women to live a wholehearted life and follow the beat of their drum.