Episode 86: Rebuilding Your Identity & Creating a Lifestyle of Bravery with Emily Ann Peterson
Listen on your browser now:
Emily is a is a singer-songwriter, creative consultant, and author of Bare Naked Bravery: How to Be Creatively Courageous and host of the Bare Naked Bravery Podcast. Emily writes for people who struggle to remember what hope feels like and sings to those who yearn for something secret. She speaks to those who are done being bored and crave all things beautiful, strong, sacred, and sensual. Her goal is to inspire a global resonance and magnanimous community through the marriage of art and whole-person development.
Emily shares her story of being diagnosed with a degenerative neurological hand tremor, which forever altered her two-decade livelihood as a cellist/cello teacher.
The 12 ingredients of bravery
- The difference between actively processing and wallowing
- Kimberly’s experience of living with depression since she can remember
- How Kimberly has learned to be comfortable with how you feel about something
- The importance of listening to your gut feeling
- how employers can have a massive impact on how you are able to manage your mental health
- Kimberly’s advocacy work – Hourglass Mental Health
ABOUT MEG &
THAT HUMMINGBIRD LIFE
I’m Meg and I’m the host of Couragemakers and founder of That Hummingbird Life. I’m an INFJ creative and multipassionate who has a bit of a notebook and post-it note obsession, loves foot-stomping country music and likes her hot chocolate with way too much chocolate.
I started Couragemakers because I wanted to create a platform for passionate and unconventional women to have honest conversations and to share their stories, struggles and dreams. The intention behind this podcast is to inspire and encourage creative and mission-driven women to live a wholehearted life and follow the beat of their drum.