Episode 35: Self Care for Changemakers with Christy Tending
Listen on your browser now:
Christy Tennery-Spalding is a self-care mentor, healer, and climate justice activist. She supports people who want to change the world develop amazing self-care practices so they can do their work more effectively and with more joy. She is the author of Real Self-Care, and the meditation course, Hella Metta. In her free time, she enjoys frolicking in redwoods and soaking in hot springs. She lives in Oakland, California with her husband and their feral cats, Dorothy & Harriet. She makes her online home at ChristyTending.com.
- Christy’s journey of activism, self care and changing the world in a way that sustains her as well as the world
- Christy’s advice for anyone looking to find their zone of genius
- The grief and pain we often don’t acknowledge when working as an activist or in a helping profession
- The the badge of honour that often comes with burnout and exhaustion
- The power of taking it slow and moving from an emergency mindset
- How we can’t build a more compassionate world while we’re simultaneously treating ourselves like crap
ABOUT MEG &
THAT HUMMINGBIRD LIFE
I’m Meg and I’m the host of Couragemakers and founder of That Hummingbird Life. I’m an INFJ creative and multipassionate who has a bit of a notebook and post-it note obsession, loves foot-stomping country music and likes her hot chocolate with way too much chocolate.
I started Couragemakers because I wanted to create a platform for passionate and unconventional women to have honest conversations and to share their stories, struggles and dreams. The intention behind this podcast is to inspire and encourage creative and mission-driven women to live a wholehearted life and follow the beat of their drum.