Episode 1: Creating From The Margins with Amber Thomas
Listen on your browser now:
Amber Thomas is an adventurer and homebody, a surprising misfit and devoted hopeful, a cocktail of colour and grace, born and raised in a small town laying happily under the Californian sun. Amber describes herself as more contradiction than constant; always seeking the space where life can bloom. When life fell apart, her art brought together the many jagged pieces in a beautiful array. Though she says her story is flawed, messy and all the brands of imperfect, art affords her the amazing opportunity to accentuate the greatness that is life.
- Being trapped in a hamster wheel which is only a race with ourselves
- Being honest with yourself about your intentions
- Shaking up your echo chamber
- The Painful 10 Minutes (a fantastic technique to get your creative work started) allowing for time for being creative with no pressure
- Jody Steal (artist)
- Sia – This is Acting (album)
- “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.” — Pablo Picasso
ABOUT MEG &
THAT HUMMINGBIRD LIFE
I’m Meg and I’m the host of Couragemakers and founder of That Hummingbird Life. I’m an INFJ creative and multipassionate who has a bit of a notebook and post-it note obsession, loves foot-stomping country music and likes her hot chocolate with way too much chocolate.
I started Couragemakers because I wanted to create a platform for passionate and unconventional women to have honest conversations and to share their stories, struggles and dreams. The intention behind this podcast is to inspire and encourage creative and mission-driven women to live a wholehearted life and follow the beat of their drum.