Dream Chasing: 30 things before 30
It's a couple of days after my 25th birthday and I've been thinking a lot lately about life. About how slow time goes now I'm not having the same mundane day over and over again working at a job I hated. About how I have so many goals but because I only keep them in my head, they end up feeling all over the place instead of exciting. And ultimately about how I need to take more risks and look fear in the face. So my 30 things to do before I'm 30 list started.
Because it sounded much more realistic than 101. And why before 30? Because I don't know where life is taking me, and that is EXCITING! For once, I don't have a 3 year plan and I'm not obsessing about the HOW but instead I'm focusing on the WHY.
If you'd asked the 21 year old me what my life goals were by 30, I'd probably have said to start my own charity, have children and and to have saved the world.My life looks a lot different now I've learned to manage my expectations and learn who I am and I couldn't be happier.
Because here's the truth of it.
I don't know what's going to happen. I certainly couldn't have predicted at 15 what I'd be doing at 25. I couldn't have predicted it at 20. Because so many weird and wonderful things have happened and so many opportunities have opened up as I've changed my perspective from a type a stress head to a recovering type a stress head!
So here goes with my list (in no particular order). It definitely feels pretty vulnerable putting it online! I'll be updating it as I go along and adding more things as I discover things I want to do that keep me up at night and keep my zest for life alive.
30 Things to Do Before I'm 30
(last updated August 2018, age 27, 2 and a bit years to go!)
1. Backpack across US DONE, India and South East Asia
2. Get tattoos
3. Ride/meet an elephant
4. Write a fictional novel
5. Finish my amazing patchwork throw made of fabrics I've collected on my travels
6. Create a big piece of art on canvas
7. Perform a live country gig
8. Become a spoken word poet and perform
9. Become location independent as a self employed person DONE!
10. Start and sustain a successful podcast DONE!
11. Speak in front of a live audience of 1,000 people
12. Publish a book (including self published)
13. Produce artwork & jewellery to sell
14. Edit and produce a magazine
15. Perform a stand up gig
16. Sustain and take That Hummingbird Life to the next level DONE!
17. Develop a better relationship with my body
18. Go to Nashville & dance my feet off DONE!
19. Actually pass my driving test
20. Write collection of short stories
21. Have a civil partnership with Mr. Meg and have the a festival wedding
22. Have my own line of stationery
23. Go to a silent disco, paint rave and colour festival
24. See Macklemore & Ryan Lewis live! DONE! TWICE - London & Vegas
25. Go on a creative retreat
26. Explore European cities including Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, eastern europe
27. Write a postcard to myself every week for the next 5 years
28. Write, direct and perform my own one person musical (even if only to family and friends.)
29. Go to CMA fest & C2C DONE! Went to C2C, not so bothered about CMA fest now!
30. Learn to cook GOOD Tapas, Thai, Indian and American southern food.
So here goes! 5 years of very exciting things! I'd LOVE to know if you have a bucket list or how you've recorded your goals! Let me know in the comments!